4 viral skincare products you need this summer

 4 viral skincare products you need this summer #TIKTOKMADEMEBUYIT

With summer fast approaching, I thought it was important to get my skin care routine in check for those summer nights out when I just don’t feel like wearing make-up. So, I bought some TikTok approved products that are an essential for that summer glow.

 TikTok has become much more than dance routines, and funny videos. Now it is all about learning tips and tricks from experts in many different fields such as fashion, fitness, and skin care.

#TIKTOKMADEMEBUYIT has over 2Billion views and counting as users are sharing videos of their views and opinions on many different recommended products from various industries, so I thought I would test out the most popular skincare products and see if they are worth it.

  1. CeraVe Cleanser (£9.50) and Moisturiser (£9)

cera ve

My skin is quite dry and sensitive so I’m always looking for products which help me feel hydrated, but also something simple which won’t cause break outs. With skincare, there is no one size fits all approach, but the hype around CeraVe products was becoming increasingly hard to ignore, especially after TikTok skincare influencer Hyamwho has almost 7million followers, raved about the products. His many reviews on CeraVe increased popularity of the brand as many people purchased their own products and made videos singing its praises. Despite it being nearly 15 years old, these products sell out much more frequently than they did before.
Combining CeraVe’s non stripping hydrating cleanser and moisturiser seemed like the best recommendation for my dry, sensitive skin. After using it for a few months I can confirm the TikTok hype wasn’t wrong. Both products have a creamy, silky texture which is very lightweight. My dry skin feels much smoother and looks better. Another bonus is the affordability and accessibility of the products, I think that adds to its appeal. It’s nice to be able to find quality products in my local Boots. 
paulas choice logo

This leave on liquid exfoliator is an international best seller which only explains why it’s become such a must have on TikTok. With dermatologists such as Dr Shah raving about its abilities to dissolve dead skin cells from the surface and unclog pores to drastically improve the skins appearance and texture, I just had to try it out. With dry skin, my face felt really tight after the first use, and because of my sensitivity I can only use it once a week, but after a couple of weeks use I can say that my pores are definitely starting to decrease and fade away so I am on track to smoother skin for the summer. What a relief.

     3.  The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (£5.75)

the ordinary logo


The ordinary has been a popular skin care brand for a few years now, but I’ve always been scared to purchase their products because incorporating acid into my skin care routine seemed like the scariest thing to do. But during lockdown, TikTok went crazy for their products and skin care influencers such as Taylor Efford taught me and her 366 thousand followers (and counting) that we have nothing fear. Her creative content helped me understand that hyaluronic acid is exactly what I needed for my dryness. It brings so much hydration and helps retain the moisture in my skin which is perfect for me. #learnontiktok.

   4. Eucerin Daily Hydration Cream SPF 30 (£18)



As a dark skinned woman it's often hard to find sunscreen that won't leave a chalky white cast on my face, but TikTok has blown up this drugstore sunscreen that is said to be hydrating and affordable. The skin care geek said this is the perfect SPF for dark skin tones because it is so invisible on the skin, so I had to buy it. I really wish I’d known about this sooner because it’s so lightweight and non-greasy. Perfect protection from the sun.

Comments